Perpetual Chess Improvement

Perpetual Chess Improvement

Postby Reality Of Illusion » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Fellow chess players, coaches, and organizers,

Some of you may be aware that I write blogs for the Charlotte Chess Center. For those that don't, it is the perspective of an adult trying to improve at chess slowly but surely. I have been approached many times at tournaments or the chess center about how it is helpful. The feedback is very humbling as I didn't really think I had much to offer other players as I have a lot to learn.

What I've realized is that sometimes we just need to see that others are struggling to do the same thing as we are. As adults stuck in the class levels of chess it is hard to see titled players try to give advice because they have "made it" in our eyes. Their advice seems hard to follow or they can seem out of touch with the thought processes of an adult players trying to improve.

So based on the feedback from fellow chess players and from doing my own research I have started a YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_JR8WgKYCDL7ynhAtpbWw to help supplement my weekly blog posts. I will be posting a video each day, the schedule can be found on the about section of my channel. If you or anyone you know could benefit from this please feel free to share and subscribe.

I am not claiming to be a great teacher. Nor am I claiming to know everything. I only claim that I will share lessons I have learned and share my improvement process as I try to earn the Expert title. If you have any suggestions for content on my channel or for my blog please reach out to me.
Reality Of Illusion

First Name: David
Last Name: Blackwelder

Return to North Carolina Chess Discussion