World Chess Championship viewing party Sunday November 18th

World Chess Championship viewing party Sunday November 18th

Postby JoshuaL » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Hey all,

I want to invite you all to come out to Academic Initiatives LLC. in conjunction with the Greensboro Chess Enrichment Center, to the World Chess Championship viewing party. The viewing party pass will be $10 for early registrants (must register by November 10th to receive discount) and $15 for passes after November 10th and on site. The pass will include live streaming of the match on a 65" t.v., live commentary and analysis during the game (courtesy of worldchess.com), pizza and soda, casual game play all day and possibly a USCF rated Blitz tournament, if enough players want to play and of course great camaraderie among chess enthusiasts. For this to happen and be successful, we need a minimum of 10 people to register. If you want to come on out and show support for our American Grandmaster as he fights for the crown, then the Greensboro Chess Enrichment Center is the place to be. The address is: 7609 Business Park Dr., Greensboro, NC 27409. To register in advance, please email me (jwlawso2@gmail.com) your name and how you wish to pay (I accept Check, PayPal, Apple Pay and Facebook Messenger payment). I will need at least 10 fully paid registrants before this event can happen. So register and pay early, and let's cheer on Fabiano!!

We look forward to seeing you there!

In chess,

Joshua L.
JoshuaL

First Name: Joshua
Last Name: Lawson

Re: World Chess Championship viewing party Sunday November 1

Postby CharlesRoberson » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 pm

This sounds interesting. What is the start and finish time? 6am to midnight?
CharlesRoberson

First Name: Charles
Last Name: Roberson

Postby JoshuaL » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 am

I am looking to start around 11am and should finish sometime between 5-6pm. People can come and go as they please.
JoshuaL

Postby JoshuaL » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 pm

The event is CANCELLED!
JoshuaL

Postby michaeljbirk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Josh,

Thank you for offering this event - it would have been a good opportunity for chess enthusiasts to get together to do something very chess related while not actually playing chess. The Word Chess Championship has been quite interesting so far as the two competitors seem to be very nearly equals in the game.

Michael
michaeljbirk

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Birk

Return to North Carolina Chess Discussion