ALTO-2 IS BACK ON THE SCHEDULE!!!

ALTO-2 IS BACK ON THE SCHEDULE!!!

Postby Walter High » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:38 pm

I am happy to announce that we have been able to find an alternate site and date for ALTO-2 which was cancelled for May when the Burlington Ramada Inn closed without notice. Remember, ALTO means At Least Twenty-One years of age to play.

Please note two major changes to the tournament because of the new site: (1) There will be a Friday night option for game one (which a number of players had requested). We can do this because we are able to pay a much reduced rate rather than a full-day rate for Friday. (2) This one is very important: THERE WILL BE A LIMIT OF 64 PLAYERS AT THIS TOURNAMENT DUE TO FIRE CODE REGULATIONS WHICH ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED!

Full details and registration are not yet available, but will follow soon. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.

Date: October 26-28, 2018
Location: Country Inn and Suites, 3211 Wilson Dr., Burlington, NC 27215 (Exit 141 on I-85/I-40)
Room rate: $90 for a King suite; $95 for a double suite. Both the King and double also have a pull-out bed in the couch (these are suites). All sleeping rooms and playing space are recently remodeled. Great lighting in the playing room.

Please put this on your calendar if you are or will be over 21 years of age on October 26, 2018. Details will be available shortly.
Walter High

First Name: Walter
Last Name: High

Return to North Carolina Chess Discussion