Grand Prix 2015
For Grand Prix 2014 result, click here.
Recent calculated tournaments: .
The NCCA has started a scholastic Grand Prix since 2014.
- Open to NC scholastic players
- Only tournaments that are open to all scholastic players, can you qualify for points
- Only regular and dual rated tournaments
- Only tournaments listed on the NCCA web site under open and K-12 events
- All sections; tournaments/scholastic/adults
- Forced and requested byes count
- By the cross table whoever has the most points wins the section (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Tournaments like k-3, k-8, k-9, Girls State Championship will not count. Any tournament that doesn't allow all NC scholastic players to play in is not eligible for GP points
- Starts January 1st to December 31st
- Trophies will be awarded to the top three places
- Post ratings of each tournament will be used (if needed for points calculation)
- There is no fee for this, trophies cost will be at the expense of the NCCA
- 1 day event entered - get 1 point
- 2 or more days event - get 2 points
- Section 1st place - get 3 points
- Section 2nd place - get 2 points
- Section 3rd place - get 1 point
- Tournament pts - get 1 x point
- Rating of supplement (January of the year - December of the year) Divided by 100 = number of bonus points. Rounded to floor. Negative won't subtract points.
For details scores for each players, visit lookup page at ChessStream website. This list is being updated weekly. To be eligible on this list, we should know your information on your school and grade. Please update your information here.