- Mar 05 2024
- 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Charlotte Chess Center Tuesday Night Action
Tuesday Night Action is one US Chess-rated game every Tuesday night, completely free for CCC members. This is a great way for players to get weekly rated practice. The Top and U1750 Sections are also FIDE-rated – offering the only free weekly FIDE-rated game in the whole country. In addition, there is a free lecture before the games begin.
HOW IT WORKS
- CCC opens Tuesdays at 5:45pm
- Lecture with FM Peter Giannatos prior to rated games starting at 6:00 pm
- Players must register weekly and in advance using the online registration system
- Each Tuesday evening will be limited to the first 62 players to register
- TNA registration will close at 6:30pm if not already full
- Once spots are filled, players may email email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist.
- Players must be members of the CCC
- Players must have a US Chess membership
- Open to all players in grades 9-12 and adults
- Students in grades K-8 must be rated over 900
1 Round Weekly, Rated After 4 Rounds/Weeks
- 2.5/3.0 score required for TNA tournaments with 3 weeks or 4.0/5.0 score required for TNA tournaments with 5 weeks.
- Section winners will receive a voucher for CCC merch.
Top Section: G/80, inc/10 – FIDE and US Chess Rated
U1750 Section: G/60, inc/10 – FIDE and US Chess Rated
U1300 Section: G/60, inc/10 – US Chess Rated
- Top and U1750 Sections are FIDE-rated – FIDE rules apply, except for US Chess penalties for cell phone infractions.
- Tournament Directors will accelerate pairings to pair players close in rating when possible
- Most recent “live” US Chess regular ratings used for all sections to ensure close matchups
- Open to high schoolers and adults of any rating, including unrated
- All players must use CCC equipment – wooden sets and digital clocks are provided
The Charlotte Chess Center’s Main/South Location is conveniently located off of I-485 and Pineville-Matthews Road. CCC’s Main/South Branch serves both North Carolina and South Carolina. Regulars join in from Ballantyne, Pineville, SouthPark, Matthews, Mint Hill, Waxhaw, Weddington, Steele Creek, Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Rock Hill, Lake Wylie and South Charlotte.